Call for Papers
Special Issue : Ultrasound in Obstetric Practice
Deadline for submissions: 1st September 2017
Ultrasound is The Journal of the British Medical Ultrasound Society (https://www.bmus.org),Ultrasound is dedicated solely to publishing ultrasound-related topics for users of this rapidly evolving specialty. It provides a forum for presentation of relevant scientific and technical advances in both diagnostic and therapeutic applications of ultrasound. The international editorial board publishes high quality educational articles, useful for everyday practice, alongside reviews, research and case studies. This journal is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). Ultrasound publishes articles on all aspects of medical ultrasound, including diagnostic applications, therapy, physics, technology, educational and professional issues.
Ultrasound is currently soliciting manuscripts for a special issue devoted to ultrasound in obstetric practice. The issue is planned for publication early in 2018.
Suggested topics are as follows, but submission on other relevant topics will be considered:
- The routine mid-trimester fetal ultrasound scan.
- Dating scan and fetal anomaly in first trimester (to include NT scan).
- Fetal brain and spinal abnormality.
- Use of Doppler in assessment of fetal health.
- Common congenital heart abnormality.
- Fetal face and neck abnormality.
- Abnormality of fetal abdomen and abdominal wall.
- Fetal skeletal abnormality.
- Fetal genitourinary abnormality.
- Multiple pregnancy.
- Placenta, membranes, umbilical cord and amniotic fluid.
Manuscripts should be supplemented with ultrasound images of normal and abnormal findings.
Benefits of Publishing
- Full text of articles indexed in PubMed Central following a one year embargo.
- Indexed in the Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) – Web of Science™.
- Publish in the journal of the prestigious British Medical Ultrasound Society.
- Rigorous peer review of your research led by a world-class Editorial Board.
- High visibility on the award-winning SAGE Journals platform.
- Prompt publishing.
To be considered for publication, papers must be received by the online submission system by 1st September 2017.
When submitting your paper please select the ‘Obstetric Ultrasound’ paper type on the online submission site. All papers will be peer-reviewed following the usual review process and criteria of Ultrasound.
Submission guidelines: http://journals.sagepub.com/home/ULT
Submit your article: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ult